How Kinesiology Works
Kinesiology is the scientific study of human movement. Kinesiology testing is a Biofeedback way of communicating with your body via muscle testing. Kinesiologists use gentle, applied pressure to a muscle to find out where imbalances and stressors are within your body and how to rebalance them. This is the process of muscle testing and it’s how we identify what is causing stress to your body and subsequently how to rebalance and realign.
There are many misconceptions about Kinesiology and Health With Heart aims to educate you further on what Kinesiologists do and don’t do for you.
The Do’s of Kinesiology
Kinesiology helps to improve your physical and mental health, as well as brain function. In addition, some of the other “Do’s of Kinesiology” include:
- Align your body with the way you want it to move and work to be optimally healthy
- Supports your body by enhancing its natural healing processes
- Focuses on supporting your body as a whole
- Addresses emotional imbalances which cause stress and mental disturbances
- Addresses physical imbalances causing pain and discomfort
- Assists with food related problems by addressing nutritional imbalances which cause digestive issues
- Addresses biochemical imbalances
The Don’ts of Kinesiology
Kinesiology has a host of Do’s rather than Don’ts, but it is still important to be aware of 3 Don’ts of Kinesiology.
- Does NOT treat named diseases, rather, it works with your body as a whole system
- Does NOT treat or diagnose any medical conditions
- Does NOT prescribe medications of any sort
What This Means For You
Kinesiology has an abundance of positive impacts on both your body and mind, and helps release stress, anxiety, negative emotional effects and improve your motivation, productivity, self-awareness and everyday moods. When a Kinesiologist performs muscle testing, they look at the energy flowing through your body. This energy can either be negative or positive and Kinesiologists aim to ensure positive energy is the focus of your body’s wellbeing.
In addition to the Do’s and Don’ts of Kinesiology, check out our blog post about all the numerous benefits Kinesiology has!
Health With Heart is always more than willing to discuss and answer all your questions about Kinesiology so feel free to connect with us here.