How Kinesiology Works
Kinesiology is the scientific study of human movement which uses muscle testing as a Biofeedback way of communicating with your body. Kinesiologists use gentle, applied pressure to a muscle to find out where imbalances and stressors are within your body and understand how to bring balance to that area. It’s how they identify what the underlying problem is and how to solve it so you can reduce your pain, inflammation, general uncomfortableness and be realigned again.
There are many misconceptions about Kinesiology and here at Health With Heart we aim to educate you further on what we “DO” and “DON’T” do for your health, mind, body, soul and wellness.
The Do’s of Kinesiology
Kinesiology helps to improve your physical and mental health, as well as brain function. In addition, some of the other “Do’s of Kinesiology” include:
- Focuses on supporting your body as a whole
- Supports your body by enhancing its natural healing processes
- Aligns your body with the way is should move and work to be optimally healthy
- Addresses emotional imbalances which can cause stress and mental disturbances
- Addresses physical imbalances causing pain and discomfort
- Addresses nutritional imbalances which cause digestive issues by assisting with food related problems
- Addresses biochemical imbalances which can cause all sorts of ailments you may be familiar with already
The Dont’s of Kinesiology
Kinesiology has a host of Do’s rather than Dont’s, but it is still important to be aware of 3 Dont’s of Kinesiology.
- Does NOT treat named diseases, rather, it works with your body as a whole system
- Does NOT treat or diagnose any medical conditions
- Does NOT prescribe medications of any sort
What This Means For You
Kinesiology has an abundance of positive impacts on both your body and mind, and helps release stress, anxiety, negative emotional effects and improve your motivation, productivity, self-awareness and everyday moods. When a Kinesiologist performs muscle testing, they look at the energy flowing through your body. This energy can either be negative or positive and Kinesiologists aim to ensure positive energy is the focus of your body’s wellbeing.
In addition to the Do’s and Dont’s of Kinesiology, check out our blog post about all the numerous benefits Kinesiology has!
Health With Heart is always more than willing to discuss and answer all your questions about Kinesiology so feel free to connect with us here.