What is massage?
Massage is a therapeutic hands-on treatment traditionally used to relieve and release pain, stress and tension. Massage therapists will work with your body’s soft tissues to restore function to your muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints.
Your massage therapist will utilize many techniques throughout the session, commonly using their hands and elbows, specific massage equipment and essential oils. There are many different types of massage around the world including Relaxation Massage, Sports Massage, Aromatherapy Massage, Lomi Lomi Massage, Remedial Massage, Swedish Massage, Chinese Massage, Lymphatic drainage Massage, Restorative Massage, Thai Massage and Rehabilitation massage just to name a few.
What are the benefits?
- Reduces Pain
- Increases flexibility
- Relieves muscle tension
- Increased sense of happiness and wellbeing stabilized moods,
- Massage increases specific hormones including dopamine and serotonin which have a positive effects on the body
- Massage decreases the levels of cortisol which is a key player in increased stress levels.
- Assists with sleeping
- Repair after injury
- Eating and digestive functions
- Increased circulation
- Strengthens immune system
- Relaxation of body and mind